1. Use askmyGP service to message the practice
You can use the askmyGP service to message the practice team about any matter and we will respond as quickly as we can. This can be for you, your children or other people that you care for (if they are registered with us). We aim to see all our messages on the day that you contact us, and often we will respond on the same day, but please allow longer for some requests (see below).
Use askmyGP to:
- Request a sick note (please allow up to 3 days for a reply, but often we do this more quickly)
- Request a prescription (please allow up to 3 days, but often we do this more quickly)
- Request a blood test / ECG / health check / nurse appointment
- Request an appointment with a doctor (service opens from 07:00 AM each day until we reach capacity at about 11:00 AM)
- Have an online consultation with a doctor (service opens from 07:00 AM each day until we reach capacity at about 11:00 AM)
- Refer yourself for physiotherapy
- Inform our Reception and Administration Team of any change in your details or to cancel an appointment
2. Use NHS Online Services to view your health record and medications
You can create and use an NHS Login to access NHS Online Services using the NHS website, the NHS App, and other websites and apps such as Evergreen Life and Patient Access. Depending on your level of access, with your NHS Login you can:
- find your NHS number
- view your GP health record
- view and request your repeat medications and prescriptions
- get an NHS COVID Pass
3. Use Evergreen Life to bring both together
As a patient of our practice you can use Evergreen Life website or Evergreen Life PHR app to bring together both the askmyGP service (for messaging The Alexandra Practice) and the NHS Online Services (for access to your GP health record and list of medications, etc).
Use your smartphone to scan the QR code on this page or search for Evergreen Life PHR in your app store.
With Evergreen Life you can:
- Contact the practice using askmyGP (to request an appointment, online consultation, order repeat prescriptions, etc)
- View your GP health record (including the list of your repeat medications)
- Start to build your Personal Health Record to understand how to be as well as you can be
- Bring all your health information and GP records together
- Use the Evergreen Life PHR app
- Use the Evergreen Life website
Helping you and helping the Practice Team
Using AskmyGP and Evergreen Life saves you time and makes it easier for us to respond to your needs.
You can contact the Practice at any time and we can prioritise care quickly to where it is most urgently needed.
The doctors and nurses can manage their time more effectively.
You can state a preference to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, a video call, text or online message.
When you use this service, face-to-face appointments, telephone appointments and video calls can be offered by the Practice Team on the same day when this is necessary, and doctors are available to be consulted online when they are not seeing people face-to-face.
Download the Evergreen Life PHR app
Use your smartphone to scan the QR code or search for Evergreen Life PHR in your app store.
You can use Evergreen Life to start building your Personal Health Record to understand how to be as well as you can be and get support if you are ever ill.
The easiest way to connect your records is with an NHS Login – if you have one already you can use it to register, or create one as part of the process.
If you cannot use an NHS Login, please bring photographic identification to our receptionists who will issue you with an account ID and link to sign up.
Need a little help (with the Evergreen Life App)?
To help you get started with the Evergreen app and creating your account there are a series of help articles available. Linking your account to your GP record will enable the full functionality of the app including records access and repeat prescriptions as well as enabling you to make requests for help online.
We’ve also created a walk-through video to show the steps of using the app for the first time.
The Evergreen team can help you with technical issues, or reset linkage codes if you used these in the past with other services. Please note the Evergreen team cannot assist you with medical queries, nor can they verify identify documents if you have not been registered with us for online services before.